Ogun APC Governorship Crisis: Hunye Drags APC Before IPAC



Fresh controversy erupt withing the All Progressives Congress APC Ogun State as the self acclaimed Governorship Candidate,  Hon. Abayomi Hunye visited the Inter-Party Advisory Council IPAC Ogun State over the outcome of the APC governorship primary in the state and the eligibility of Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola Yayi to contest for the ogun governor come 2027.



Abayomi Hunye who was accompanied by some leaders of his campaign team from various local government, said he is not happy with the outcome of the APC governorship primary election, the way election was conducted is unconstitution though he has challenged the outcome of the said one man one party primary election that produced Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola Yayi as the candidate of the party in the court of law but he visited the IPAC house to solicit support of the different political parties.


I am here to brief you about certain things that happened in APC which I think at this level, this thing belong to everyone of us and if the state must move forward, their must be a collective responsibility. I was told by some APC leaders in Ogun West not to contest again their preferred candidate which they also told me they will use all what they have to embarrass and intimidated me. But after I picked up my nomination for at the party secretariat, I started receiving treat from various traditional rulers and party leaders but I insisted I will go for the primary which we did in my ward in Ipokia and other local government but you my surprise they scored me zero with the primary i participated, Hunye laments.

In his response,  the Chairman of the Inter-Party Advisory Council IPAC Ogun State Chapter,  Comrade Dr. Abayomi Omolaja Sanyaolu on behalf of the  other party Chairmen said they are not to criticise or to support anyone against anyone but the word Inter-Party "Advisory" Council is what they are after, to do the right things where it needed from the National to State level. He said it happened to some other parties too but they are trying their best to make sure their won't be violence or anything that would cause trouble within ogun state. 


We want ogun state to come back to normal gateway state which we believe everything will come to normal, we are assuring you of hearing from both side and do the needful and if some people underrated us but we will still do the needful as the stakeholders of the political parties, Said Sanyaolu.

No comments