I have not Really Said Yes - Ajibola Oluwafidipo



Wait till I give you an answer

Don't assume you just heard me said yes

You ask me if I will go

Then I said maybe, maybe not

How can that translate into Yes?

I have never said Yes my friend


You ask if I have extra money to spare

I said I will see what I can do

Relying on I will see what I can do to mean Yes

Is a case of mistaken correspondence

I did not say Yes remember


You ask me if we have things in common

I told you I am from the Northern side of the city of God

You said you came from the Northern Africa

You cannot take my response to be a Yes

I have never said Yes you know


You met a young pretty lady

Invited her to a dinner 

Adorned her with flowing gown that cost your life savings

At a luxurious restaurant on the mainland

After the torch of wine and niceties

You knelt and ask will you marry me?

She was surprised and said I will think about it

Then you stepped out granting interviews that you are engaged

She has not said Yes remember

Maybe you are in a wonder land


You asked me if our politicians are doing well

I said none that I can remember for now

That cannot be Yes for me

Maybe maybe not 

I have never said Yes you know


You said Tinubu will do better

I said maybe you are right

How can I be sure of a journey that has not commenced

Then you posted on your wall

That I said Tinubu will not do well

Its your opinion you know

I will rather continue praying for BAT to succeed

Than to sing his praise and lead him to assylum


I have not said Yes remember

Whether or not it will be the same game

I have not sad Yes my brother

Whether fulani herdsmen are tired of shedding blood

I have not said Yes

Whether our looting Senators are tired of looting

We can wait and watch the new recruits 

If there will be a monumental change

Till then my pen will be in my pocket

I have not said Yes to you at all.

No comments