My Legislative Agenda & Areas of Focus------ Bimbo Lanre Balogun



This Document is My Proposed ‘Performance Contract/Agreement’ With the People of My Constituency, Which I Will Faithfully Execute When Elected to the Green Chambers of the Nigerian National Assembly in 2019  by the Grace of the Almighty

My Agenda

During my tenure, I Will Pursue Vigorously the following as Part of My Legislative Agenda and Pact with the People of my Constituency,  Abeokuta North/Obafemi Owode/Odeda Federal Constituency of Ogun State.

(1) LAWMAKING

My Core Target Areas of Legislation Where I intend to Sponsor bills Shall be;
👉• Employment Generation
👉• Youth and Women Capacity and Skill building, Empowerment and Development
👉• Public health
👉• Working for an Accountable and Responsive Government
👉• Protecting the Rights and interests of the Children, Women, and the Aged

(2) EFFECTIVE REPRESENTATION

I Will Work to Attract as Much State Developmental Projects as Possible to My Constituency by liaising With Various Stakeholders in the Community.
👉• Advancing the Position of My Constituents in all the legislative Processes in the House.
👉• Development and implementation of Different Projects i.e Empowerment, Scholarships, Women and Youth Capacity and Skill Building Programmes, Employment Generation, Health intervention Schemes, Facilitation of the Provision of basic Amenities etc.
👉• Sponsor bills and Other legislative Documents on Matters that Will improve the lives of my Constituents, the People of My immediate Constituency, and Ogun State in General.
👉• In execution of these Objectives, I Will Put in Place Mechanism for Effective Communication between Me and My Constituents Namely: Opening of Offices, Adequate Staffing, Websites, Email, Letters, Telephone and Visits, Town Hall Meetings and interactive Sessions.

(3.)POLICY MAKING

   Finally, During My Tenure in the Federal House, I Shall Contribute and Propose Policies Which Will Positively impact on the Lives of the Good People of My Constituency, Abeokuta North/Obafemi Owode/Odeda Federal Constituency.  I Will Achieve this through the initiation of Necessary Motions and the Canvassing of Positions including Lobbying of My Colleagues for Prioritizing of Projects that will Collectively benefit Citizens of My Constituency and My State in General.


So help me God

Yours in Service
Abimbola Lanre-Balogun

www.blb.com.ng

No comments