Fresh Facts On Mohbad's Death; SAMLARRY Gives Account. ....Police Commences Investigations. Body May be Exhumed For Autopsy

 


PUBLIC STATEMENT BY BALOGUN ELETU (A. K. A. SAMLARRY) WITH RESPECT TO CRIMINAL MISREPRESENTATIONS, FICTITIOUS ALLEGATIONS, DAMAGING MISINFORMATIONS AND OUTRIGHT FALSEHOODS BEING PEDDLED AGAINST MY NAME AND PERSON ABOUT THE DEATH OF ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. ‘MOHBAD’).


I have watched in the last 24 hours with shock and utter dismay, the continuous, unrelenting, but malicious and vociferous efforts by certain individuals including fifth columnists, particularly on various social media platforms, the attempted but unsuccessful efforts to link my person to the death of ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. MOHBAD) which from available information on various media outlets, came to me as sad news.



While I extend my sincere and heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family of the deceased, it is important that I put on record, certain facts to enable the discerning members of the public to be properly informed and to avert the erroneous conclusion that my silence in this circumstances should be equated to admission of any and/or all of the totally false narratives in the public domain being propagated against my person.



Sometime in July 2023, I received an invitation (Document 1) from the Nigeria Police Force, Force Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Department (FCIID), Alagbon, Ikoyi, Lagos. I honoured the police invitation and I realized upon arrival at the said police formation, that the late ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. MOHBAD) (‘MOHBAD’) authored a petition dated 27th June 2023 (which is now on social media) (Document 2) within which he made numerous false, fictitious and unsubstantiated allegations against me. I was thoroughly interrogated by the police detectives at FCIID, Alagbon, Ikoyi, Lagos during which I narrated what actually transpired before, on and after June 25 2023 between Mohbad and myself.



I made a written statement during which I listed and mentioned certain individuals including Zlatan Ibile who witnessed what actually transpired on the said June 25 2023. I was thereafter granted an administrative bail and instructed by the police to report at a subsequent date at FCIID Alagbon.



Meanwhile, the statement I made at FCIID Alagbon raised the following important questions which remained unanswered till date:


1. Did late ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. ‘MOHBAD’) or any of his alleged witnesses have any proof of the various dangerous, harmful and illegal weapons which he alleged he was attacked with on June 25 2023?


2. (a) Whom did late ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. ‘MOHBAD’) made the said payment of N8,000,000.00 (Eight Million Naira) non-refundable fee to before himself and his crew members were granted access to Elegushi private beach to commence the video recording?


b. How was the said payment of N8,000,000.00 (Eight Million Naira) made?


c. When was the said payment of N8,000,000.00 (Eight Million Naira) made? and


d. Where was the said payment of N8,000,000.00 (Eight Million Naira) made?


3. From Which hospital and/or health facility did late ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. ‘MOHBAD’) received treatment(s) after the alleged assault by me.


4. Was there any medical report obtained by late ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. ‘MOHBAD’) after treatment, if any?


5. The recording equipment worth N5,000,000.00 (Five Million Naira) belonging to late ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. ‘MOHBAD’) that I allegedly damaged, were they recovered and presented to police?


Meanwhile, due to the unavailability of any shred of evidence from the petitioner to back up and establish his numerous but grave allegations against me, the Police at FCIID Alagbon, Ikoyi Lagos requested from MOHBAD to produce any evidence he has to establish his case against me. Sequel to this instruction by police at FCIID Alagbon, Ikoyi Lagos, I am aware that MOHBAD refused to produce any evidence till date (save for a few seconds video that is now on social media platforms and being falsely presented as proof of my alleged assault against him on June 25 2023) and he failed to honour all subsequent invitations extended to him but I did repeatedly.


On the said video being widely circulated on social media platforms and being presented as proof of my attack on Mohbad, what actually transpired on that said day (June 25 2023) was that I was in the vicinity of the Elegushi private beach when news filtered in that Mohbad and his crew were at the Elegushi private beach to shoot a video without any authority or consent of the management of the beach and repeated requests from the management of the beach to Mohbad and his crew to vacate the beach was rebuffed. There were a lot of shouting and screaming thereafter from different persons on both sides at the scene but I state categorically that I did not attack, harm or assault Mohbad nor any of his crew members and neither did I damage any recording equipment as being falsely propagated on the media.


I am aware that police at FCIID had conducted a detailed and thorough investigations the said video and the surrounding circumstances and had found the narration surrounding same to be false and unreliable. I was also reliably informed that police thereafter visited the scene of the alleged attack.

Few days after I honored police invitation at FCIID Alagbon, I was reliably informed that MOHBAD reported same allegations against me at Special Weapons and Tactical Squad (SWAT) (formerly known as Federal Special Anti- Robbery Squad (FSARS), Adeniji Adele Road, Lagos.


Due to various calls and messages I continuously received from numerous individuals on these false accusations from MOHBAD, I instructed my solicitor to petition the FCIID Alagbon, Ikoyi Lagos to investigate the reasons why I believe MOHBAD was spreading false and malicious allegations against me. Hence, the petition dated August 1 2023 (Document 3) but received on August 7 2023 was sent to the office of the AIG, FCIID Annex, Alagbon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Investigations thereafter commenced into the said petition against late ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. ‘MOHBAD’).


In addition, I made available documents, facts and information to enable the police at FCIID Annex, Alagbon, Ikoyi, Lagos conduct a thorough, detailed and unbiased investigations into all the various allegations against myself and also against MOHBAD in order to establish the veracity or otherwise of all the allegations and counter-allegations.


Meanwhile, it is instructive to note that I travelled out of Nigeria on the 4th day of September, 2023 and up to this moment, I am still outside the shores of Nigeria.


In view of the above, and in other to enable the members of the general public, particularly my family members, friends, relations, fans and well-wishers to be properly informed of the actual, factual and true position of the facts surrounding these sad and unfortunate events, I hereby add my voice to the calls for a thorough, detailed, professional and unbiased investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of ILERIOLUWA PROMISE ALOBA (A. K. A. ‘MOHBAD’) by the appropriate law enforcement agency with a view to unravelling and determining foul play, if any.


I also use this medium to inform the members of the general public, particularly my family members, friends, relations, fans and well-wishers to ignore any false narrative being propagated against my person with respect to these sad episodes.


Thank you.

Signed.

BALOGUN ELETU (A. K. A. SAMLARRY)

No comments