Rescue Me From Dying, Man Bursted By Men of SARS Begs Governor Abiodun To Implement the EndSars Panel's Recommendation Report.

 


Early June year 2020 my house was ransacked by men of SARS according to my wife who called to inform me while I was away, she said they were 6 of them huge and fully armed men asking for my whereabouts after they broke the door in order to gain access to our apartment, they met her naked.


They scattered the nooks and crannies of my house without search warrant and also threatened my wife with gun if she fails to tell them where I was. They left when they didn't see me. On the 14th of June 2020 that was the day  they arrested me at a canteen in Ayetoro where I usually eat, the officer who led them identified himself to be Omo mushin, they started beating me from the scene of my arrest, blood gushing out of my mouth and nose while I was handcuffed, but in short period of time they took me to my house, they searched everywhere trying to see if they could find something implicating but alas they found nothing. They immediately" 2 of them took me to magbon in Abeokuta. My wife and daughter was crying asking them where they were taking me to but they didn't disclose it nor tell her where they came from, the reason my family could not find me until after 5days.


The second day which happened to be 15th June 2020, they took me out of the cell where we're about hundred there, four of them removed my clothes left me naked, tortured me for about 3hours with different types of iron rods including both big and small sledge hammers, blood gushing out of many parts of my body, they broke my left leg, then I fainted.


The next thing I knew was that, they took my hand and thumb printed in an already written statement note because they didn't allow me to write anything myself. And please I want you to note that, the day they arrested me it was the complainant's car they use for my arrest who's a smuggler and oppressor, they searched my house without warrant. The complainant was my wife concubine.


I was arrested on the 14th of June and released on the 26th June year 2020 after they collected about 120,000 from my sister. They seized my necklace, wrist watch, gold ring and my phone but they only released my phone after 6days of my freedom while they didn't release other valuables things they seized from me.


I spent nothing less than 6days in private hospital, it was then I discovered I had a broken leg and so many unknown health issue in my body even up to this moment I am not fine and it's over a year now. I was so happy when endsars came up and I immediately used the opportunity, filed my petition to Ogun state judicial panel of enquiry, the panel sitting which lasted for 6months, and another 2 to 3 months before the panel could submit their report Ogun state Governor HE Dapo Abiodun. Though the Governor promised to implement the panel's recommendation but I think it's getting late now because I need money to take care of myself as my left leg still needs to be casted for permanent healing and some other injury in my body.


And even at that, I know some other victims who lost their relatives in the process, some broke their back now on wheelchair, so many other things like that. I just want the governor to know that we have committed so much energy and sacrifices in those cases and that's months ago now, so the Governor should please consider the implementation on time because some of us the police brutality victims are suffering, I doubt he cannot feel our pain. He should implement the recommendations and pay the compensations now that many of us are still alive and not when some of us are dead of unknown health issues.


Thank You

No comments