Abeokuta South Federal House of Reps Hopeful, Segun Showunmi Speaks


"By the Grace of Almighty Allah if Given the Mandate to Serve my people, I Would first of all Concentrate on the youths development with 21st century ideas on Skillful Manpower that Will make them Productive and independent.

"We Shall Assist Our farmers in the Constituency by Exposing them to Greater Opportunities and modern farming system via Seminar(s)/workshop(s) in Order to boost Agriculture in the Federal Constituency and Encourage Shift from Subsistence farming to Mass Production. This Will Create Employment for our Secondary School leavers in the constituency.

"On Women Empowerment, I do not totally Subscribe to the idea of Always Relying on Government because we can think Outside the box and Access grants from donor Agencies to Compliment Government and make Women more Productive for Sustainability. The donor Agencies are more than willing to help.

"I have Gone Round the 15 Wards in the Constituency and I Must say I am not happy Seeing little Girls who are Supposed to be in School learning  hawking Pure water Around. My Passion for Girl Child Continuous Education Remains a top most priority because I believe the little Girls who are the future Mothers Must be Empowered Educationally, Morally and Socially because right from Childhood they Assumes motherhood roles .

"Like I Said earlier, I have toured the Federal Constituency, it is Evident that we are Poorly Represented with the Situation of things. The People are Calling for a Change so that a Morse Vibrant, Responsible and Responsive Person will take Over so that the dreams of the Constituents can be actualized."

No comments